Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ravishing Rhodos and Blithe Bumblebees

OK.  A little too much alliteration in the title, but when you see the pictures you will GET IT. Rhododendrons are one of my favorite things in the yard because they remind me of The Great Smoky Mountains . They only bloom in the spring but
 OH, WHAT A SHOW! 







The bees LOVE THEM!!  When I think of "drowsy" bees I think of BUMBLEBEES.
 BUZZ, BUZZ, BUZZ... slow and steady wins the race (or in this case, pollinates the flowers). They seem so... lazy? yet they are on a life or death mission that is planted deep in their soul. Gather up all the SWEET STUFF they can before the sun goes down. Sounds good? Yep.




 I am also showing  a teensy weensy peek at my back porch, but right now it is COVERED in bird seed, pollen and Tulip Poplar blooms. After they quit falling I have to pressure wash it all and switch from regular bird feeders to the hummingbird feeder.  I haven't seen any yet, but they have been looking for their SWEET STUFF as early as March in the past. I'll be watching for them!






I think as a Christian I am called to more than JUST this (more on that in another post), but I think the Lord gave us all the beauty in this world to ENJOY. His glory is everywhere and sometimes I feel like a bumblebee trying to gather all the SWEET STUFF I can before my sun goes down.  With the creation story in Genesis 1, the adornment of the Tabernacle by Moses in Exodus 25-30, the building of Solomon's Temple for the Lord in 1st Kings 6 it is clear that God loves beauty. Gather some SWEET STUFF of God EVERYDAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I LOVE to hear what you think and I PROMISE I will respond to each and every one!
xoxo Jeanette