Monday, May 21, 2012

New Hooky Bunting

I am having a fling with COLOR. I am in love with anything bright and happy! My husband said I was trying to make our house too "girly". I think that's ok since I live with two men (my 20 year old son and my hubby). I will say that I am finding  a new love with all things that are colorful. I think it started when I discovered Lucy and her beautiful blog.  She even has a group of followers on Ravelry which is a sharing sight for knitting and crochet. She is quite a color celebrity!She also happens to live in England and I am obsessed with all things British so just reading her VERY English wording is a joy to me. They say "whilst" instead of "while".  Isn't that adorable? Another thing I have discovered on many of the English blogs is BUNTING. We call them banners, pennants,  or flags but I think bunting is a much cuter word. I found one pattern for bunting at Pink Milk and am looking for a simple flower pattern to go on each flag. I'm still playing around with it but I thought I would show what I have so far.





I am using my new yarn purchase and will be adding some warm tones to the flowers. You will see some yummy colors!


colors are a little washed out here

A truer representation of the colors


I am also in the process of cleaning off my back porch. I'll give you a peek of the material I am going to use to recover the cushions. This is a BIG project and deserves a post of its own but I will give a little peekaboo. COLOR!







I usually like solid backgrounds in furniture. I love this but it is definitely an OUTDOOR fabric. Come back and see the finished cushions and the CLEAN back porch.

I love that you take the time to stop by and see what's going on here, and I love recording things so I can look back and see the past.   

Galatians 5:22,23,25  "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law...Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I LOVE to hear what you think and I PROMISE I will respond to each and every one!
xoxo Jeanette