Saturday, May 5, 2012

Feathering MY Nest

I knew it was going to be a big job.  I really didn't know HOW BIG! The art room is an average sized bedroom, but the mess was colossal, gargantuan, immense, mammoth, prodigious, supersized, WALLOPING!
Remember this?

PLEASE, DON'T JUDGE ME :-)


 I'm still amazed that I put pictures of it on the internet and into blog wonderland. I can say I have worked on the mess for a solid week and I have made a lot of progress. I'm not there yet, but today I started getting excited! I have seen some people who work with wool put out their colorful scraps for the birds to use for nesting. A multihued "FEATHERING OF THE NEST". I am doing the same in MY nest- my ART ROOM. Ohhhh it makes me so ... happy!
       I have always loved decorating any/everything. Adorning, decorating, prettifying, EMBELLISHING. I start to feel like a bee that has been visiting so many flowers that it is satiated and drowsy. It is so much better than the sleepy, drowsy state that keeps me planted on the couch--- not a good kind of drowsy.   SO,  let the great sort begin...



I am NOT showing you the piles of stuff that went to the local trash site or the piles that went to a charity shop. I AM showing the warm-fuzzy color that lifts me up when I walk in the new and improved art room.
TURQUOISE!

Not the true color here (bad light)




 It is like being inside a robin's egg.

I have a long way to go but for the first time I am actually delighted to be in this space. My husband keeps coming upstairs to see what's going on - FEATHERING!  Stay tuned for the next progress report....

Thank you so much for visiting and I love hearing from you!
 xoxoxoxoxoxoxox's

Philippians 4:4-6 "Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again- rejoice. Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."











3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanette ,what a gorgeous colour and what a fab space !! What I wouldn't give for a space like that , you lucky lady !!! I've just moved my studio space up in our master bedroom under the eves , it's very bijou but the light is fab . Can't wait to see the finished room .Have a lovely weekend Tracy x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am motivated to "feather my nest" after reading this! Great job! I love the color. I too can not wait to see the finished product! Kerry

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I LOVE to hear what you think and I PROMISE I will respond to each and every one!
xoxo Jeanette