Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Parents' Wildflower Garden

Spring has finally arrived in TENNESSEE! It was slow coming but we have been blessed with some amazing  sunny days mixed with a few April showers. My mother and father have a garden in the side yard which is dedicated to wildflowers that grow in our area. Both  are in their eighties and have been lifelong gardeners.Things change rapidly there and every few days something new is in bloom.  These pictures were taken last week and I'm sure these beauties have already faded and been replaced with other blooms. Enjoy...

Lenten Rose (Hellebores)

A place to sit and enjoy the garden

Pink and white Lenten Rose



Woods Poppy




I will try to go by and see what is blooming this week and take a few pictures to share. I hope that things are BLOOMING wherever you are! Thank you for stopping by for a visit.

"Consider how the wildflowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you , not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you - you of little faith." Luke 12:27,28.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanette, seems strange to see cowslips in an American garden, I've always thought of them as an English wildflower :-) The bench looks a lovely place to sit a while. Rowen@ Coastal Colours x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cowslips do grow here but maybe they were imported from England? I'll have to do a little research and see? Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Cowslips do grow here but maybe they were imported from England? I'll have to do a little research and see? Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Hi friends! Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I LOVE to hear what you think and I PROMISE I will respond to each and every one!
xoxo Jeanette